The Jewish Exponent featured Mekor’s third Shabbaton in our Spring 2016 Scholar in Residence series:
The Center City Jewish community is invited to attend the third of three Scholar-in-Residence Shabbatons planned for the first half of 2016 at Mekor Habracha/Center City Synagogue.
Join us on Friday, May 20 and Saturday, May 21 to hear from Rabbi Saul Berman, Associate Professor of Jewish Studies at Stern College for Women of Yeshiva University, and an Adjunct Professor at Columbia School of Law. From 1997 until 2007, he founded and served as Director of Edah, a Modern Orthodox think tank, and in 2009-2010, he was an Inaugural Fellow of the Tikvah Center for Law and Jewish Civilization at NYU Law School. He has served as Rabbi in Berkeley CA (1963-1969) and at Lincoln Square Synagogue in Manhattan (1984-1990).
Friday, May 20
· 7:00 p.m. – Carlebach-style Shabbat Evening Services.
· 8:30 p.m. – Dinner and Rabbi Berman’s class titled “Ethical Transformation Through Shabbat.”
Saturday, May 21
· 9:15 a.m. – Shabbat Morning Services including a D’var Torah by Rabbi Berman.
· 11:45 a.m. – Delicious hot kiddush.
· 12:30 p.m. – Lunch and Rabbi Berman’s class titled “Deception in Business & Interpersonal Ethics – Genevat Daat.”
Reservations and payment for meals are due by Monday, May 16. For more information, please email email@example.com